Mean Goat, Leadership Class, Work and Play Practice

October 26, 2023

I woke up at midnight. I prayed and meditated and wrote in my blog. I went back to sleep at 4 a.m. and woke up again at 7 a.m. I made tea and talked to Christopher before he left for work. Angel woke up and ate breakfast. Then we headed out and drove to a pet sitting job. I check on 2 dogs and 2 goats every week to made sure they have food and water. Last week one of the goats rammed me in the back of the legs. So this time I was watching him. Sure enough, he saw me and came straight at me. I grabbed his horns and wrestled with him a bit. He ran off and came at me again. I took off running to the gate with him right behind me. It had to have been a funny sight. I made it out the gate just in time. I got a spray bottle of glass cleaner out of my cleaning supplies in the back of my truck. Then I went back in the gate spraying in his direction anytime he got near me. I wasn’t about to let that goat win this battle. It worked. He kept his distance. I proceeded to feed the dogs and give them fresh water. I gave them lots of pets and scratches until they ran off to play. I went back out to the gate, spray bottle firmly in hand and kept an eye on that goat. He left me alone. I told him I would be back next week and I expected him to behave himself. 

Next I drove to a friends and dropped off Angel. My friend was taking her to homeschool co-op for me because I had a leadership class to attend that day. I was ahead of schedule so I stopped at Moon River and got a chai tea. I sat for a while and visited with friends that were working there. Then I went to the chamber of commerce to visit with friends that work there. When it was time for the leadership class we went across the street to a new Italian restaurant where the class was being held. The chamber was doing a ribbon cutting for the restaurant and the leadership class was there to be a part of it. The ribbon cutting ran late but it all worked out. The leadership class ate lunch while we discussed a book we were all supposed to read (which I didn’t read). I had a salad (my one meal of the day) and we had a great discussion. I got a lot out of it, I love group discussions like that. 

After the class was over. I did a cleaning job for a rent house. It wasn’t very dirty and I was grateful it only took a couple of hours to clean. Next, I went to check on a clients plants and mail while they are out of town and then went to the grocery store. I was feeling really tired by then from so many days of not getting much sleep. On the way home from the grocery store, I stopped and picked up Angel’s Halloween costume from a friend that I hired to sew it. It is a dinosaur costume and turned out really cute. She made a matching costume for Angel’s dog. I didn’t stay long. I wanted to get home and take a quick nap before I went to play practice that evening. I was almost home when I realized I hadn’t picked up Angel from my friend. I turned around and drove back to town and got Angel. I thanked my friend and headed home once again. I wasn’t going to have time for a nap after all. 

At home, I took a bath that Christopher had drawn for me and got ready to go to play practice. My friend who is also the director of the play was giving me a ride. I had asked him earlier if he would pick me up because I didn’t want to be driving after dark on the of the highway where Saturday night’s accident had occurred. I had a fear of livestock being on the road. I would have to face that fear eventually if I was ever going to drive at night but I wasn’t ready yet. My friend picked me up around 5:30 p.m. and we had a nice visit on the way to the theater. 

Play practice went good. We were being goofy and adding funny things to the end of our lines which was a lot of fun. When practice was over and I was back home. I was relieved to crawl into bed. I did not have to work tomorrow other than a coaching client at 5 p.m. I would be able to get caught up on sleep and have a relaxing day. Angel slept in the trundle bed next to me and we fell asleep around 10:30 p.m. listening to “Little Town on the Prairie”. 

I am grateful to be home safely. 

I am grateful for so many wonderful friends. 

I am grateful for baths. 

I am grateful for life. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply