Homeschool Co-op, Slow Paced Day and Master Naturalist

November 9, 2023

I woke up at 12:30 am and read “Firefly Lane” until around 3 am. I woke up again at 5:45 am. I said my prayers of thanksgiving and gratitudes and did a full body relaxation session. I got up and made tea. Finn and Angel got up and ate breakfast. Then they did school. Finn who is 4 years old worked on writing out his letters and identifying items that are bigger or smaller and heavier or lighter. Angel worked on phonics and reading. 

They did schoolwork until it was time to leave to go on a homeschool co-op field trip to the blue bell creamery in Brenham. On the way I stopped and did a pet sitting job checking on dogs and goats. On the drive we listened to “Farmer Boy” on audio. I arrived in Brenham early and went to Lowe’s to buy plastic to cover my hoop house for the winter. Then I stopped at H‑E‑B and bought groceries I can’t get at my local small town grocery store. 

At the creamery we had a lot of fun with all of kids. It was a short field trip since there wasn’t much to see but it was good to spend time with everyone.

On the way home I drove the back roads and soaked in the scenery. We listened to “Farmer Boy”, we all were thoroughly enjoying it. When we got to Caldwell we stopped at the park. The kids played and I watched them. They have so much fun together. I’m glad they have each other. 

When we arrived at home. The kids played, I briefly talked to Christopher and then laid down in the banana hut. I read “Firefly Lane” and I drifted off to sleep listening to the rain. I had lovely dreams, full of fun adventures. I woke up a couple of hours later and went for a walk in the woods with the kids and the dogs and one cat. I love walking in the woods in the rain. It has a reviving fresh energy. I am incredibly grateful to have kids and dogs and cats to go on walks with. I have so much abundance to be grateful for and I am glad I received a reminder of that. 

When we got back from our walk, I made a big salad to take to a Master Naturalist meeting. Then I headed out again to go to the meeting. The meeting was absolutely wonderful. We had a speaker talk about lichens and just recently I have been interested in learning more about lichens, so this was perfect. There’s a book about lichens that the speaker recommended that cost $143 new and $95 used. I am deciding how interested in lichens am I and how much I want to invest in that interest. 

The drive home from the meeting was rainy and dark and was on the highway where I witnessed the fatal accident a few weeks ago. I prayed a thank you for a safe journey home. I was grateful to be following a semi truck that was going slow and that the traffic behind me was content to go slow as well. It was a nice drive home. 

When I arrived home at 8:20 pm, Christopher and Angel were already in bed. They must have been tired. I took a shower, jumped 100 jumps on the rebounder and wrote my blog. Then I read “Firefly Lane” and my sister called. We talked for an hour. It was a fun talk. I read some more until I fell asleep around 11:30 pm. 

I am grateful for rain. 

I am grateful for my homeschool co-op. 

I am grateful for parks. 

I am grateful for audiobooks. 

I am grateful for naps. 

I am grateful for kids. 

I am grateful for Master Naturalist. 

I am grateful for sisters. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply