Small Towns, Life Coaching and Play Practice

October 18, 2023

I woke up at 6am. I woke Angel up, since she had to go to work with me. She ate breakfast while I did my morning routine. Then we headed to town. At my first job Angel did her schoolwork, phonics, while I cleaned. At my 2nd job, Angel had finished her schoolwork so she listened to “The Long Winter” and I made the house sparkling clean. 

Next we went to The Rockdale Reporter. I picked up 700 of the weekly papers that has just arrived and delivered them to businesses around town. While I was at it I also gave the businesses a flyer to put up for the upcoming play I’m in. It starts this weekend. When I delivered Pruett insurance their papers, I briefly talked to Mike Pruett about how much it would cost to get the bond insurance I needed in order to get a bonded title for the pop up camper I bought last month. He said it would be around $100, which was great news. I thought it would be more than that. Angel enjoyed listening to her audiobook while I did the deliveries. 

After delivering the papers, we went to my last cleaning job of the day. They are newer clients that I’ve been cleaning for only a couple of months and this is the first time I’ve had Angel with me when I’ve cleaned for them. They were so excited that Angel was there. They showed her their horses, drew pictures with her and happily listened while she talked and talked. My heart felt full of happiness to work for such wonderful people. As I was dusting I saw a picture of a lady named Mrs. Pruett that attends the Peace Lutheran Church, which I clean. I asked is they were related to her and he said that she was his mom. I should known since their last name was Pruett but there are a lot of Pruett’s not related in this area. Then he went on to tell me that his brothers are Mike Pruett and Steve Pruett. I told him I knew both of them and that I had just talked to Mike Pruett earlier that day when I delivered papers to his office. I love small towns, where everyone knows everyone else. 

After I finished working, I bid a job and went home. When I arrived at home I saw that Christopher had found my speaker that I couldn’t find last night. He said he found it by the outside bathtub. I must have set it out there without realizing it. I was grateful for the reminder to consciously pay attention to what I’m doing and stay presents in each moment. 

I took a bath, then I had a phone session with one of my life coaching clients. She has been my client for many years and we have a wonderful bond. When the session was over I drove to play practice. Play practice was fun but ran really late. I got very tired and dozed off sitting on the stairs waiting for my last scene. When play practice was finally over, I wasn’t sure if I could stay awake the 20 minute drive home but I stepped into my power and set my mind to it. On the drive, I listened to fun music and sang along with it and made it home safely. I went straight to bed and fell asleep around 11:30 p.m. 

I am grateful to have experienced another wonderful day. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply