Grateful for Each Breath

October 4, 2023

I woke up at 1 a.m. and went back to sleep at 3 a.m. During that time I meditated and was grateful for each breath I took. We never know when we will take our last breath and I felt immense gratitude for each breath I took until I fell back asleep. I woke up again at 5:15am. I was feeling tired still and wanted to stay in bed. I got up anyway, quickly got ready and headed to Street Ministries by 5:45 a.m. I cleaned some, wrote my blog and did prayers of gratitude while doing yoga, such as:

I am grateful for my arms, thank you for my strong arms. 

I am grateful for my elbows, thank you for my perfect elbows. 

I am grateful for my back, thank you for my strong back. 

I am grateful for my legs, thank you for my legs that love to walk. 

Etc….until I went through my whole body. 

No one came to breakfast by the time I left for work. I planned on talking to Jason later on about doing something different. It appeared to be too early for people to come in and even though I liked the idea of making a habit of getting up that early, I was feeling run down and tired. 

When I arrived at my first cleaning job, I went to get my homemade cacao tea out of the cooler. The lid had come open and it spilled all over inside my cooler. I didn’t have anything else with me to drink except my smoothie and that was for later. I improvised and filled up my tea mug with cold filter water when I went into my clients house. The job went well, my clients were there and I talked to them some while I cleaned. They have little hersheys kisses in a jar that they offer to people. I usually am not tempted to eat candy but for some illogical reason, I thought if I had a couple pieces it would help with the tiredness I was feeling. It didn’t work and I felt immediate inflammation in my body after I ate them. 

At my second job, my clients weren’t there so before I cleaned their house, I cleaned the spilled tea out my cooler. Then I resumed cleaning their house, listening to bluegrass music. Next I drove to the Rockdale Reporter and picked up newspapers to deliver. My first stop was the bookstore. I talked to the owner Meggins about a good children’s series to read to Angel. She showed me a mystery series set in National Parks. I liked them and she set them aside for me to purchase later after I finished delivering newspapers. 

The rest of the route went good. When I finished, I went back to the bookstore and bought the books Meggins had set aside. Then I went and picked up Delilah, a dog we are pet sitting until Monday. On my way home, I stopped at Street Ministries and talked to Jason about not coming in the mornings anymore but doing lunch on Thursdays since he can’t do it that day. He was all for it. 

I headed home and drank my smoothie on the way. I planned on taking a nap in the couple of free hours I had before I did a life coaching session. I talked to Christopher for a while. Then one of our neighbors messaged saying she had eggs for us. So I drove the side by side over there with Angel, Little Bit, Remy and Delilah. Delilah is an older dog but amazingly spry. She loved the ride. 

When we arrived back home, I had only a half hour before I needed to call my life coach client, not enough time for a nap and Angel wanted me to read her the rest of the 5th book in The Magic Treehouse series. I read to her and we finished the book a few minutes before my phone call. The session went very good. When I finished, I took a bath. My stomach started cramping up, got bloated and I had diarrhea. Ahhh…my morning candy eating escapade coming to haunt me. My body wanted that junk out. I told Christopher that I was going to skip supper and I told Angel I wouldn’t be able to take her to Bible study. I went and laid down, I did a full body relaxation session and immediately fell asleep around 6:30pm. 

I am grateful to have experienced another wonderful day. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply