Cleaning, Pet Sitting and Other Projects

Friday April 12, 2024

Dear Diary, 

I woke up at 7 am. It was nice to sleep in. 

I got up, made my bed and let out the ducks, chickens and geese. I went in the house and greeted Christopher, Angel and Finn. I fed the dogs, made tea and smoothies. Then I did school with Angel and Finn. Angel worked on phonics and Finn wrote out letters of the alphabet. Angel resisted doing her work and kept complaining. Finn was cheerful and had fun doing his work. It was interesting watching their different perspectives. It reminded me that my moods are always my choice and I get to choose whatever perspective I desire to have.

As soon as the kids finished their schoolwork, I headed to town. I fed the cat I’m pet sitting and cleaned a house for a guy who has Airbnb’s that I clean as needed. The job was a lot more entailed than I expected and took longer than I had planned. When I finished, I walked Zona and played frisbee with her for a while. After that, I went to the grocery store and bought a whole bunch of groceries. 

Before heading home, I went to get a dog named Solo that I would be boarding for 3 nights. When I met him before he was very friendly with me. Today though, he was skittish and did not want to get in the truck. His owner finally picked him up and put him in there, which was an effort since I would guess he weighs close to 50 lbs. Once she got him in the truck, I went around to the other side to move some things and he jumped right out and ran down the road. He didn’t run far before he stopped and she was able to get a hold of his leash. We coaxed him back to the truck and got him in. This time I was really fast at getting in the other side. Solo was really stressed out and I talked to him soothingly on the drive home. 

When I got home, I quickly got out before Solo could escape. Then I made sure I had a good hold on his leash before fully opening the passenger door. As soon as I opened the door, he jumped out and immediately tried to bolt. I was glad I had a good hold on the leash. I walked him to the kennel and put him in. I gave him food and water and talked to him soothingly. He was really stressed out and I gave him a calming chew that his owner said would help him calm down. 

I left Solo in the kennel to get settled in and I started clearing an area to put a new garden shed that had arrived in a box yesterday. I had just gotten started clearing some of the yaupon out when my mother-in-law came over. She didn’t call before she came over so thankfully I was fully dressed 😂. We all sat out in the yard where Solo was able to see us and we talked for an hour or so. After my mother-in-law left. I started a bath and cleared out the area for the shed some more until the bath was ready. I scrubbed all the dirt off of me and soaked for a while. The kids got in the bath after me and played in the bath until dinner was ready. I had a big salad for dinner and we all said our gratitudes around the table. 

After dinner, Finn’s dad came and picked him up. I took Solo for a walk and put him back in his kennel. Then Angel and I jumped on the trampoline and went in the banana hut. Angel read a bunch of her learning-to-read books to me. Christopher joined us and I read one chapter from The National Park Mystery Series book 3 and one chapter from Stormy, Misty’s Foal. Then we said our good nights. Angel slept in the house and I brought Solo inside the banana hut and put him in a crate. He was still really stressed and panting. I gave him another calming chew and sprayed him with calming spray. I talked to him soothingly while I wrote my blog and watched funny videos on YouTube. I fell asleep at around 11:30 pm. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



P.S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit. 


Sleep at 11:30 pm

Leave a Reply