Lessons of Frustration and Ease

December 6, 2023

I woke up at 1:30 a.m.  I wrote my blog and went back to sleep until 7 a.m.  It was wonderful sleeping in again. I greeted the day and prayed my thanksgiving and gratitudes. 

  • Thank you for a wonderful sleep. I am grateful to feel rested. 
  • Thank you for the sunrise. I am grateful for its consistency. 
  • Thank you for laundry. I am grateful to have clean clothes and bedding. 
  • Thank you for humor. I am grateful for laughter. 
  • Thank you for health. I am grateful to be healthy. 
  • Thank you for fruit. I am grateful for the energy it gives. 

I went in the house, greeted Christopher and made tea. Angel got up just before Christopher left for work. She ate her breakfast and we got ready to go to town. We listened to The Secret of the Old Clock on the drive to town. I took the back roads and enjoyed the slow paced drive. We went to Moon Brew to get a chai tea and Angel did her schoolwork. My friend Rita was working there alone and had a big coffee delivery order she was doing. She asked if I would deliver it for her. I had time and was happy to do it. Angel stayed and finished her schoolwork while I delivered the coffees. When I got back, Angel and I walked to the library for story time. 

Story time was fun. We sang carols in between stories and the kids did a craft. I wrote my blog off and on while the activities were going on. When it was over, we walked back to my pickup and drove to the Rockdale reporter to deliver papers. The papers were running late and I started to feel stressed because now I would be late for my afternoon cleaning job and that would make me late my life coaching client after that and that would make me late for my meeting after that. My schedule seemed to be spiraling out of control all from the papers being late. I took some deep breaths and calmed down. I remembered that all things are as they are supposed to be and this wasn’t a crisis. It’s ok to not have my schedule go perfectly. It’s ok to be late. It’s ok to go with the flow of life. A friend who works there offered to do some of the paper deliveries for me to shorten my delivery time. I graciously thanked her and was grateful for the help. I drank a smoothie and got my receipts ready while I waited for the papers. Angel played a matching game on a tablet that my friend who works up front let her play on. 

The papers arrived and my route went smoothly. I got done right on time for my cleaning job thanks to my friend helping out. I enjoyed cleaning and talking with my clients. Angel watched Land Before Time while I cleaned. When I finished, I drove to the city park. Angel played while I did a life coaching session on the phone for an hour. The session went great and as always, I got a lot out of it.  Angel had fun playing with the kids at the park. 

Next, we went to meet with some friends, a father and daughter, who want me to spend a few hours a week taking care of their wife/mother who has dementia. Throughout the week I have been filling out a very long application (38 pages) to get hired by a home health care company so that I can be licensed through them and the family I would be working for can have insurance pay for the care. I haven’t filled out a job application since I was in my late 20’s before I became self employed but I am managing my way through it. While I talked with my friends, the woman I would be caring for read stories to Angel in the other room. They took to each other immediately and I loved seeing that. This is going to be a great thing. My heart feels it is a gift for all involved. 

When we left there, we drove to the Cowboy church for Wednesday night Bible study. I enjoyed the lesson but was feeling tired and ready to go home when it was over. The kids were finishing their lessons upstairs. I waited downstairs with the other parents and listened to them talk. I felt myself growing frustrated as I waited. I wanted to go home, what was taking so long??? I focused on my breath and the Holy Spirit reminded me again that everything was happening as it should be. I realized I could be having fun and at ease with this rather than be frustrated. It was ok to feel tired and have to wait. Everything was ok. All was well. The kids finally finished up and we headed home listening to The Secret of the Old Clock on audio. 

At home, I greeted Christopher. Angel and I took a quick shower and went straight to bed. We fell asleep around 10 p.m. listening to our Nancy Drew audiobook. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply