Horse Riding Lessons, Long Nap and Fun With a Friend

December 7, 2023

I woke up at 4:45 a.m. I had slept through the night. I wrote my blog until 6 a.m. when I realized what time it was. I woke up Angel and we both got ready to leave. Amazingly we were ready and out the door by 6:40 a.m. We listened to The Secret of the Old Clock on the drive to do a pet sitting job. I checked on the animals, petted them (except for the mean goat) and fed them. Then we drove to horse riding lessons. It was perfect riding weather. The morning sun was beautiful and bright. There was a brisk chill in the air and we easily kept warm with a jacket and light gloves. As I rode, I enjoyed the gorgeous scenery of rolling green hills interspersed with colorful oak trees covered in orange leaves. Fall in Texas is blissful. I practiced my form while trotting. Angel did the same and towards the end of her lesson she was able to stand up on a horse, which she’d been wanting to do. 

On our way to town we picked up my 4 year old grandson. He was staying overnight with us and he was excited to see Angel. We all listened to The Secret of the Old Clock on the drive to homeschool co-op. I stopped at Moon Brew to get a chai tea. Rita was there and was busy making coffees for a delivery. She told me there had been one thing after another go wrong that morning. I asked if I could help but she had a man in back helping her and everything was taken care of. I told her that I would come back around noon to get my tea and there was no hurry. 

We arrived at homeschool co-op early. The kids played at the playground and I wrote my blog until it was time to start. We were having our Christmas party today. Everyone brought snacks and the kids did a craft. During show-and-tell,  Angel showed the picture of her standing on a horse. I enjoyed talking with the other moms and snacking on fruits and vegetables. Towards the end of the co-op I started to feel slightly light headed and suddenly felt exhausted. I was planning on feeding the homeless next but I messaged that I wouldn’t be there. I helped clean up, loaded up the kids and headed home, stopping briefly to pick up my tea on the way. 

When we arrived home. I greeted Christopher and went to lay down. I was asleep instantly. I slept hard for two and a half hours. It took me a while to get fully awake. I went on a walk in the woods with the kids and dogs to clear my head. We walked to the gulley and I watched the kids climb around. By the time we got back to the house, my mind was clear and I was fully awake. I went in the banana hut to do an hour long coaching session. The session went good and as always, I myself gained a lot of clarity through coaching my client. 

Supper was ready when I went in the house. I was still full from lunch and didn’t eat but I sat at the table with everyone and we all shared what we were grateful for. Then I took a nice hot shower and got ready to go to town again. I was meeting my friend Kim to talk and hang out. We met up at Moon River and did some shopping there. Then we walked to a little boutique and did a little shopping there. Lastly we went to Eastbell Taphouse and played music bingo. I had a salad to eat and won a $10 gift certificate when I got a bingo. We sat with the owners of the bookstore and all had fun together. Kim and I had some great conversations about our lives and goals. It was wonderful spending time with her. 

I drove the back roads on the drive home and saw a couple of deer. It’s so much more relaxing driving slow at night. I arrived home around 10:00 p.m. I wasn’t tired about having that long nap. I read Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza and fell asleep around 11:00 p.m. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply