Long Work Day and Dog Sitting

November 18, 2023

At 2:30 a.m. I woke up. I listened to the rain while I did a full body relaxation session and fell back to sleep. I slept deeply until 5:30 a.m. I got up right away to use the bathroom. Then, I greeted Christopher while I made tea and a smoothie. I went out to the banana hut and prayed my thanksgivings and gratitudes. Some days it’s a struggle to focus on what I’m grateful for. The pull to focus on what I’m not grateful for calls to me. Sometimes I give in but not for long because I feel it, my body gets tense, my stomach starts to feel acidic, my throat clinches. I get all kinds of notifications physically and it’s a reminder to focus on my purpose in life, to focus on my breath and be grateful for this moment. Then I am soft again and my body is at ease. 

This morning, I felt fabulous after praying my thanksgivings and gratitudes. The day beckoned to me to live fully and beautifully. I jumped 100 jumps on the rebounder and wrote some of my blog. Angel woke up and told me a dream she had. Then she argued about what day of the week it was, unconvinced that I knew what I was talking about, she made her bed and went off into the kitchen to look at the calendar. I practiced a song that I am singing in church tomorrow. I hadn’t decided on a song yet but a song instantly came to me and I knew it was the one, “Wonderful, Merciful Savior”

My first cleaning job of the day was a church. I felt good to be there, it’s a beautiful building. I was happy and content listening to uplifting music while I cleaned. My next job was an office building. Next door was Moon Brew Coffee, I stopped in and put in my tea order. Christopher was at the office building with Angel when I arrived. He was helping me with office buildings today and had cleaned most of the 1st building already. I opened the back of my pickup to get out my cleaning supplies and they weren’t there. I had taken them out yesterday to go thrifting and didn’t put them back in. I felt frustrated with myself. Christopher offered to drive home and get them for me. I cleaned the outside front windows and finished cleaning inside. Then, Angel and I walked across the street to the farmers market. Angel bought a necklace and we walked over to Moon Brew Coffee to get my tea. My tea wasn’t ready when we got there and there was a line in front of me. I felt frustrated because now I was behind schedule and I still had a lot of work to do. I impatiently waited. I forgot to be present and kind and let life unfold. (Now, I remember.) When my tea was ready we left and drove to the office building I was cleaning next. Christopher was already there with my cleaning supplies. What a blessing he is! We got started cleaning and Angel played in the back room with her toys. When we were mostly done, I left to go to my next job. Angel stayed with Christopher to go home with him after he finished up. 

My next job was a residential. I had great conversations with my client while I cleaned. She showed me pictures of her twin grand babies and her great grand baby. She’s a happy grandma and great grandma. Babies have such wonderful energy, they are little bundles of love. I was glad she shared her joy with me. 

I drank a smoothie and listened to uplifting music on the drive to my last cleaning job of the day. I also had great conversations with my clients at this job and enjoyed cleaning. After a job well done and a busy day, I was happy to be heading home. On the way I stopped and picked up 3 little yorkie dogs that we are pet sitting until Wednesday. When I arrived home, I greeted Christopher and Angel, then let the yorkies out in a fenced area so they could get used to our dogs and use the bathroom. They were so cute running around and getting petted. Angel thought they were great fun. She played with them while I took our dogs for a walk in the woods to the gulley and back. 

Christopher had a bath ready and the water was a perfect temperature. I soaked in the bath then Angel joined me. Once we got clean, we gave the yorkies a bath and I trimmed the hair around their eyes (their owners asked me to). Then it was a dog party in our house, dogs running all over the place. Little Bit loved having dogs the same size as him to play with. The dogs played and played and Angel ran around with them until it was time to wind down for bed. The yorkies got put in their kennel, we all said our good nights and went to bed early. I was tired after a long day and I fell asleep before 7:30 p.m. 

I am grateful for good work. 

I am grateful for Christopher. 

I am grateful for babies. 

I am grateful for frustration. 

I am grateful for clarity. 

I am grateful for dogs. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply