Home Day, Music Lessons and Play Practice

October 20, 2023

I woke up at 6 a.m. I was excited to have a day of being at home except for play practice in the evening. I got up and made tea. Christopher left for work and I wrote my blog while I waited for Angel to wake up. When she woke up, she ate breakfast and we did school. We worked on spelling and reading using a game of “big boggle”. After Angel did her schoolwork, I cut up a bunch of tomatoes and bananas and put them in the dehydrator to dry. Angel and I love having dried tomatoes and banana chips around to snack on. 

Angel spent the rest of the morning playing outside with her new dog Chance. I felt so happy to be home doing home chores. I stripped the sheets off of the beds and washed them. Then I harvested and blackened a bunch of yaupon leaves on dry flat cast iron skillets. I cleaned the banana hut and organized my sewing supplies. I felt very accomplished. 

I called Angel inside to do her music lessons. She learned to play “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” on the xylophone and it was great fun. Christopher came home from work around noon. Angel played him the song she learned on the xylophone and he thought that was wonderful. He made lunch for Angel and I took a nap for an hour or so. I woke up feeling rested. I sat outside and practiced my lines for the play with Christopher until it was time to take a bath and eat supper. I soaked in the bath and did a full body relaxation session while I was in there. Then I ate a big salad for supper. I’ve been eating one meal a day and it’s usually a big fruit smoothie but today I wanted salad and my amazing husband made me one. It was delicious. 

After I finished eating, I went to the banana hut and did a life coaching session with a new client. The session went very good and I look forward to working with my client on a weekly basis for awhile. When the session was over I headed to play practice. I picked up another cast member on the way and we practiced our lines on the drive. The practice went well and I got home by 9 p.m. I went straight to bed and wrote my blog until I fell asleep around 10:30 p.m. 

I am grateful to have experienced another wonderful day. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply