Work and Play Practice

October 9 & 10, 2023

I woke up at 6:30am. I did my morning routine of greetings, tea, bathroom, smoothie. Then I wrote my blog until I left for work. I listened to great music on the drive to work and I felt incredibly grateful for joyful music. At my first cleaning job, my client is legally blind and I really enjoy helping her. We have great talks and I think she is wonderful. She is kind and honest and transparent, a breath of fresh air. 

At my 2nd job, I had another great talk with my client and enjoyed my work. At my third job, it was the same scenario. A great talk with my clients and a job well done. 

When I arrived home from work, Christopher, Angel and I talked about a day trip we are going to take on Saturday to Nails Creek State Park. It’s less than an hour away and we are excited about going. 

I took a bath and had a yummy salad for supper. Then I went to play practice which went great. I got home around 9:30pm and went straight to bed. I fell asleep around 10:30pm. 

The next morning I woke up from 3am to 5:30am. I had a quick morning nap and got up at 6:15am. It was a rushed morning since I had to be out the door at 7am with Angel ready but we made it. I arrived at work right on time. My first job went good. Angel did math school work while I cleaned. My 2nd job took a while, this time Angel did reading. I gave her something challenging for her to read. Even though she struggled, she kept at it until she had read all of it. I was proud of her and told her so. She listened to “These Happy Golden Years” on audio while I finished cleaning. My third job also went well. My client was there and we always have fun conversations. Angel listened to “The First Four Years” on audio. When work was over I drank my smoothie on the drive home and we listened to the audiobook. 

We arrived home around 3:30pm. I briefly talked with Christopher about having the having the homeschool co-op field trip at our place this week for a nature walk in the woods. He was fine with it. Then he left to spend the evening in the woods with his friends. Angel and I had banana milkshake for supper and took a nice long bath together. How fun it was to play in the bath together. After the bath Angel played with her new dog Chase until it was time to leave for play practice. On the drive to play practice, we listened to “Little House in the Woods”, since Angel had finished all of the Little House Series and wanted to start over. I love listening to the books as well, they are great fun. 

Angel had never been to the community theater before and I showed her around. She loved the costumes and had fun exploring the building. Play practice was quick. I practiced my 2 scenes right at the start and asked to leave early since I had Angel with me and wanted to get her in bed before 9pm.  On the drive home we listened to our audiobook. As soon as we arrived, we got ready for bed and went to sleep right away. 

I am grateful to have experienced 2 more wonderful days.

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply