Offices, Friends and Family

Saturday June 1, 2024

Dear Diary,

I woke up at 2:30 am. I wrote my blog and went to sleep again at 4:30 am. I woke again at 6 am. I prayed my gratitudes:

  • I am grateful for cool nights. 
  • I am grateful for birds singing.
  • I am grateful for friends. 

I let out the ducks, geese, chickens and kittens. I went in the house and greeted Christopher. I got ready to go, made tea and a smoothie and fed Bits. Then I headed to town to clean offices and residential house. 

Pulling up to the first office, I noticed that the outside of the front windows were really dirty. I knew if I washed them it would put me behind schedule and washing them was not part of what I was hired to do at this building but I decided to wash them anyway. I got the ladder from the storage closet and washed the windows first. They looked great when I got done and I was glad I had decided to wash them. 

I did my regular cleaning and went to my next office building. Christopher and Angel arrived before me since I took longer at my first office. Christopher helps me clean this office building. It is big and takes a while to do by myself. I got started on the 6 bathrooms and then did the 2 break rooms. Lastly I dusted and wiped down the desks in the 21 individual offices. Christopher took out all the garbage, cleaned the glass on the front doors and after I left he did the floors. 

My next cleaning was a residential house. Angel decided she wanted to go with me. She spend most of her time there outside visiting with my clients. One of their horses died last week from a lightning strike, which is really sad. Angel had taken a picture of the horse the last time she came with me to clean. Angel showed them the picture and they wanted a copy of it. Since her phone doesn’t have phone service, I took a picture of her picture and sent it to them. When I finished cleaning, the picture I sent hadn’t gone through so my client took a picture of the picture on my phone. I could have just had them take a picture of the picture on Angels phone in the first place but for some reason it didn’t occur to us. Regardless they were grateful to have the picture even if they received it in a round about way.

On the drive home I drank my smoothie and talked to my friend Lynne on the phone. We had a great talk about perspectives. I love the conversations I have with my friends. At home, I greeted Christopher and relaxed in the banana hut. I called my friend Kim and we had a great talk about choices. When I got off the phone, I took a 2 hour nap. I hadn’t meant to sleep that long. I slept hard and must have needed it. When I woke up, I received a message saying the kayaking trip that got canceled Friday was on for tomorrow. Yay! I went outside and sat by the fountain next to Christopher. I called my sons to see what was going on in their lives. Then I called my cousin Will to wish him an early happy birthday, his birthday is Tuesday. Next I called my sister Trish to see what she’s been doing and to find out how her ankle is healing. She said she fell and accidentally put weight on it but she thinks it’s ok since she only has a week left until she can start walking on it. 

When it was time for dinner, I had a salad and we shared our gratitudes around the table. My gratitudes were:

  • I am grateful for a healthy family. 
  • I am grateful for the dogs, cats, ducks, chickens, geese and goats. 
  • I am grateful for healthy food. 

When dinner was over, I called Angel’s adopted grandma Peggy to see how she was doing. She asked if I could bring Angel to her church in Austin tomorrow. I told her that I was going kayaking but that we could do it another time. I got off the phone and washed the dishes. I brought the laundry in off the line and put it away. Then I took a shower with Angel. After Christopher took his shower, we all met in the banana hut. Angel read some of Fox in Socks and I read from a book called Bill Peet an Autobiography. It was a fun book but it didn’t have chapters, so I read for a while until I called it good. 

Christopher and Angel went in the house for bed and I wrote my blog. Angel came in and said she changed her mind and wanted to sleep with me in the banana hut. She got in the trundle bed and I put on a Princess mediation for her and wrote my blog some more until 11 pm. I turned out the light and prayed my prayers: 

  • I ask for guidance on what song to sing at church next Sunday. 
  • I ask for my eyesight to be fully restored. 
  • I ask that my friends who are struggling receive peace and clarity. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



P.S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Leave a Reply