Restless Sleep, Pet Sitting, Cleaning, Nap, Meeting and Pain

Monday May 13, 2024

Dear Diary,

I woke up at 4:48am. I had not slept good. I had been restless throughout the night. As soon as I woke up, I started writing my blog. I had started it last night and I wanted to get it finished this morning before leaving to clean houses. I had 4 houses to clean and a meeting to go to in the evening. I knew I wouldn’t have time to write during the day. If I wanted to be on time, I had to leave at 5:30 am. I didn’t have that much more to write for my blog and I finished it at 5:25 am. I still needed to edit it and add pictures but at least it was written. 

I quickly got ready to go. I started heating up water for tea, then I got dressed and fed the dogs. I made a smoothie and once the water was ready, I made my tea. 

I left for to do my cleaning opportunities at 6 am. I realized that since I was staying in town and not out at my place, I had a much shorter commute time. Chance stayed outside and Little Bit stayed with Sofia in the house. It was the first time in 2 weeks that he hadn’t gotten to go with me, other than when I went on short trips to the store. 

At 6 am, I headed out and arrived at my first house only 8 minutes behind schedule. My client wasn’t there, she works out at the gym in the early mornings. She is moving at the end of the month and her house was emptier than it was the last time I was there. While I cleaned, I listened to a talk about Native American wisdom. It was really good and I enjoyed listening to it. When I had almost finished cleaning, I heard noises in the kitchen. I went to investigate and saw a person in there. It startled me for a second until I realized it was my client. She had come home for the gym. We talked for a few minutes. I asked her if she wanted some farm fresh eggs and she said she did. I gave her 2 dozen out of the 6 dozen I had in a cooler in the truck. 

I finished cleaning and went next door to clean her mom and dad’s house. (I clean for the whole family). Everything went well cleaning over there and I gave them a dozen eggs. I was glad the eggs were all finding a home. At my 3rd house, they were overrun with eggs and didn’t want any. 

At my 4th and last house, I’ve become friends with my client. We chatted while I cleaned. I really enjoy our conversations and would have stayed after I finished to talk more but a thunder storm had started up. I wanted to get back to the dogs that I’m pet sitting to make sure they weren’t upset by the weather. I did give her a dozen eggs before I left. Yay! Only 2 dozen left to go. 

I arrived at the pet sitting house and greeted Chance who stays outside inside his invisible fence boundaries. The thunder had stopped and he seemed just fine. I opened the door and let Sofia and Bits out. Bits was so excited to see me, he was screeching. Sofia joined in on the excitement. I petted all the dogs and told them I was happy to see them. 

I left the dogs outside to use the bathroom while I went inside and got settled in. Then I let all the dogs in, including Chance. After running around, the dogs calmed down. I was tired from not sleeping good last night. I laid down on the couch, Sofia and Bits snuggled up next to me and Chance laid on his bed on the floor. I drifted off to sleep and slept for an hour. It was a light sleep and I attempted several times to wake myself up but sleep kept pulling me in. When I officially woke up, it was time to leave to go to an art committee meeting for the Kay Theater. I am the head of the art committee and I had set up this meeting before I left to help my sister in Idaho. I didn’t want to go anywhere, I wanted to rest longer but since it was my meeting, I figured I should show up. I slowly got up and let the dogs out to use the bathroom before I left. I let Sofia and Bits back in and Chance stayed outside. 

I stopped at the store before I went to the meeting. As soon as I left the store I received a message that there was free produce available to pick up. I wasn’t sure if I would go get some, I was feeling tired still. It has been a long day of cleaning. My body was sore, it wasn’t used to doing hard physical labor for 9 hours straight. It had gotten soft during my 2 week “vacation”. 

The meeting was being held at the Eastbell Tap House and everyone was there when I arrived. We got started right away and it was a good meeting. By the time it was over my energy had picked up some. When I left, I decided I would in fact go get some fresh produce. I got a case of bananas, a bunch of apples, a case of blackberries and strawberries, 2 bags of oranges and some tomatoes. 

At the pet sitting house, I greeted Chance and put the blackberries and strawberries in the refrigerator in the garage. I let Bits and Sofia out and they were all excited to see me again. I leaned down and was petting them both when Chance came running up and rammed me in the face with his head. Everything turned black as pain shot up my nose. I yelled at Chance and pushed him away. I put my hand on my face as I stood up. I thought my nose might be broken but it wasn’t bleeding. I stood there for a minute recovering, waiting for the pain to ease. I felt really mad at Chance but I knew it was an accident. 

Once the pain eased and my anger at Chance also eased, I let the dogs in the house. I carried the rest of the produce inside and took a long hot shower. I made tea and went to bed. I fell asleep at 8 pm listening to Native American wisdom stories. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



P.S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit. 

Leave a Reply