Heading To Idaho

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Dear Diary,

I woke up at 3:30 am. I had a scratchy throat and a cough from some nasal drip. I hoped I wasn’t getting sick since I planned to leave on my trip today. I prayed my thanksgivings:

  • Thank you for a strong healthy body. 
  • Thank you for quiet mornings. 
  • Thank you for my wonderful life.

I wrote my blog and thought I would go back to sleep but I didn’t. My mind was busy thinking about my trip to Idaho. I decided that I was going to take my truck and that I was not going to drive to Bryan to get my car aligned that morning. I will finish getting my car worked on when I get back and I will drive it to Idaho, leave it there and fly back on my next trip. I needed to leave today and my truck is ready to go. I had just gotten the oil changed last week and all the fluids are topped off. 

At 5:30 am, I got up and let out the birds. My scratchy throat was almost completely gone and I figured something in the air had gotten to me. I messaged my sister just in case she didn’t want me to come in case I was possibly coming down with something but she said it was all good. 

I went in the house and told Christopher I was going to take her truck. He thought it was the best choice as well. I fed the dogs, made tea and a smoothie. I went out to the banana hut, stripped my bed and put on clean bedding. I’ll have a nice clean bed waiting for me when I get back from my trip. I had put clean bedding on Angels trundle bed last night. I started laundry and went back in the house and started bagging up right bananas to put in the freezer, then I washed all the grapes I had in fridge leftover from the free produce I had received on Monday. I bagged the grapes up and put them in the freezer. Christopher left for work while I was doing all of that. Angel woke up and came into the house. She ate breakfast and started packing her stuff. I packed up a big cooler and a small cooler with juice and produce. I decided to bring my vitamix blender but left the juicer for Christopher. I would pick up a cheap one somewhere on the way. I finished packing my clothes and we were ready to go. 

I loaded everything into the truck and went over my traveling check list before we headed out. I had a couple of pet sitting jobs to do before we left. First I went and dropped off the $200 worth of dog food I had bought yesterday and fed the dogs there. The mean goat that lives there reared up to butt me but I showed him my stick and he left me alone. Then I dropped off 2 dozen eggs and some grapes at a friends house. I stopped at Moon Brew and ordered a golden milk drink (not caffeinated 😁). Angel and I walked Zona and played fetch with her. I went to the store to buy shoe laces and a hair brush. We stopped at the library and I donated some kids movie DVD’s that Angel didn’t want anymore. Lastly I stopped at the Rockdale Reporter to drop off some money Moon Brew had given me for their papers. 

Finally at 12:25 pm we were ready to leave for our trip to Idaho. We headed out of town listening to fun music. About 2 hours into the drive I started to feel tired. Understandably, since I’d been up since 3:30 am. I pulled over at a truck stop and told Angel I was going to take a short nap. She was happily playing on her phone. I laid my seat back and immediately fell asleep. I woke up a half hour later and felt fully energized. I filled up on gas and we used the bathroom. I put on an audiobook that my sister Trish had recommended called Braided Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer. It is a wonderful book. Both Angel and I are really enjoying it. 

I stopped a couple more times to fill up on gas and use the bathroom. My goal was to make it to the New Mexico border but I wasn’t set on that. If I got too tired I would stop for the night sooner. I continued to feel wide awake and enjoy the book. I talked to Christopher and my sister on the phone a couple of times at areas I knew I would have service. Angel played on her phone most of the time. At 8:45 pm we crossed into New Mexico. I stopped to take a picture of the sign and continued on until we came to a hotel. I immediately pulled in and go us a room. 

We brought in our luggage and the coolers. I put everything in the coolers in the fridge and put the ice packs in the freezer. I called Christopher and got Angel in the shower. When she got out, I got off the phone and took a shower myself. Then we got into bed. I wrote my blog and was determined to get caught up all the way to today. Which I did. I wrote my blog for almost 3 hours and finished at 11:51 pm. Angel watched educational videos on her phone and stayed up late too. 

We turned out the light and went to sleep at midnight. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



P.S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit. 

Leave a Reply