Relaxing Morning, Free Produce and Phone Game

Monday April 22, 2024

Dear Diary,

Woke at 6 am and wrote my blog until 7 am. I didn’t have to be to anywhere until 10 am and it was nice to have a relaxing morning. At 7 am when Cameron Tire opened up, I called them about fixing my car and doing an alignment. They said they could do an alignment Thursday morning and would call me back about doing the shim’s for the back tires. 

I let out the chickens, ducks and geese and fed the dogs. I made tea and a smoothie, then sat at the table with Angel to do school. We did school for an hour or so. Then we took a break and I organized my fairy garden. We went back in the house and Angel finished all of her assignments for the day. 

Angel stayed home with Christopher while I headed to town. I cleaned a house and walked Zona. I hadn’t heard back from Cameron tire so I called them and they said they couldn’t get the shims needed to fix the back wheels. I called my mechanic and he said he would go to town to get the parts later that day and would let me know what he could do. 

I went to the store and bought a new vacuum since my other one is getting worn  out. When I went to pay, the price came up differently than what it was labeled. I asked if they could check it and they called a guy up. He asked me to show him where I got it and I walked back there with him. He checked the codes and said they were put in the wrong spot and that none of the vacuum there were the price marked. I said ok and went up front to finish my transaction. I decided to get the vacuum anyway and just as I finished paying, the guy came running up with a vacuum saying that he found the vacuum that was the price marked. I thought that was very thoughtful of him. I said I wanted to compare it to the one I just bought. I looked them over. I liked one I bought better and decided to stick with it but I let the guy know I really appreciated him going above and beyond for me. 

As I was leaving the store, I received a message that there was free produce I could pick up. If I went to pick up free produce, I was going to be a few minutes late for my next cleaning opportunity but I my clients are really flexible on time, so I went ahead and picked up some free produce. I got a case of bananas and 3 cases of grapes with 9 packs in each case and 6 yellow mangos. I knew I would now be spending my evening juicing. Fresh grape juice is so yummy and nutritious. It is worth the time it takes to juice it. My body loves it. 

I had done good on time and was going to arrive at my next house cleaning only 5 minutes late. I started driving that way when I realized I had forgotten to take my first clients house key back to her at her work. She had asked if I would do that early this morning before I cleaned her house and I had said I would. Her work was the opposite direction of where I was going, so I turned around and took the key to her. 

I now was a half hour late for my next house to clean. I messaged my clients letting them know and arrived just as they were leaving to take one of their dogs to a vet appointment. They said she had something wrong with her throat and wanted to get it looked at. They left and I got busy cleaning. While I cleaned, I listened to a webinar my nephew had sent me. It was really good and was just what I needed to hear. As I was leaving my clients texted me letting me know that their dog had an infection and antibiotics should clear it up. I was glad to know it wasn’t something terribly serious and the dog would be ok. 

When I got home, I called my mechanic and he said that he got the part and could work on the car tomorrow. Christopher and I unloaded all of the produce out of my truck. Then, I drove the car to the mechanic and dropped it off. Christopher followed me and so we could ride home with him. 

The next hour was spent juicing grapes. Angel helped me and I made 3 gallons of juice. I had only used up half of the grapes. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with the rest of them but I would figure it out. I made room in the fridge so I could fit them in. Then I peeled bananas and put them in ziplock bags to freeze them. 

By the time I finished, it was time for dinner. Angel had gotten our last durian out of the freezer yesterday. So we had durian and a smoothie made with grape juice and bananas for dinner. After we ate, I cleaned up the kitchen and put away clean laundry. I took a long hot shower and jumped on the trampoline with Angel. 

Then Angel showed me one of her games on her new phone. It was a game that had my friend that gave Angel the phone had left on there. I started playing it. It was a called “block buster” or something like that. I got hooked on it right away and played it for an hour while Christopher showered and got ready to go in the banana hut. When he was ready, we all gathered in the banana hut and I read a one chapter from Stormy, Misty’s Foal. Then, Christopher went in the house and I put the chickens, ducks and geese away. 

Angel slept on the trundle bed next to me. I downloaded onto my phone the game I had been playing on Angels phone. It’s super addictive and I wanted to play it more. Angel and I played on our phones until late and finally went to sleep at around 11 pm. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



P.S. Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 

Leave a Reply