Angel Sick, Reading and More Reading

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Dear Diary, 

I woke up at 3 AM and wrote some of my blog. I fell back to sleep from 4 AM to 6 AM. Angel woke up and made her bed. She went in the house while I wrote my blog some more. At 7 AM I got up, made my bed, let out the chickens, ducks and geese and went into the house. I fed the dogs, made tea and smoothies. Angel got ready to go with me and we headed to horse riding lessons at 7:30 AM. 

We did a trail ride for our riding lessons and I was glad about that. I was feeling tired and a relaxing trail ride was perfect. When riding lessons were over, I picked up my grandson Finn and Ms. M and we went to homeschool co-op. On the way I stopped at the Bookstore and got a chai tea. 

We arrived 10 minutes late for co-op and they were just starting show-and-tell. I sat on the couch next to Ms. M and immediately fell asleep. The same thing happened last week, I guess show-and-tell is my new nap time. I woke up 5 minutes later when the kids all came over to sit on the couches for story-time. Ms. M wasn’t there next to me, I quickly sat up and looked around. I saw her coming out of the bathroom, ok good. She came back and sat next to me. 

After story-time the kids did an art project and went outside to play. Ms. M and I sat on a bench watching them. All of sudden Angel came running over and collapsed on the ground. I thought maybe she got overheated since it was a really warm day. It was our first 90 degree day of the year. I went over to Angel and helped her up. She said she wasn’t feeling good. I walked her to the truck, helped her get in and turned on the a/c. Ms. M and Finn got in while Angel drank some water, then she fell asleep. I took Ms. M home and drove to Zona’s to walk her. Angel was still asleep, so I left the truck running with the a/c on and the doors locked. Finn and I took Zona on a walk down the road and back, so I wouldn’t get too far away from the truck. Then we played frisbee with Zona which Finn thought was a lot of fun. Zona and Little Bit thought it was a lot of fun too. Angel slept the whole time. 

I put Zona back in her house and gave her a treat. Then, I messaged Finn’s parents saying I was bringing him back home because Angel was sick. They said that his other grandma was home and to take him there. I dropped him off and headed home. Angel woke up right after I dropped Finn off and she seemed to be feeling better. At home, I made her a smoothie and she asked if I would read her stories. I’m almost always willing to read stories. I love to read aloud. I said yes and Angel picked out a bunch of kid books. We sat out in the yard and I read them to her. I picked out one for her to read to me and she did a great job reading it. Her reading is really improving. 

By then Angel was feeling back to her normal self and went off to play. I wrote my blog for a while, then filled up the kiddie pools with clean water for the ducks and geese. Since it was so warm out, I decided to also fill up Angels big swimming pool. 

While the big pool was filling up, I read Angel some more stories and we ate dinner. I ate a salad and cleaned the kitchen. Then Angel and I got in the pool. The water was really cold, we held hands and went under the water together. Brrr, it was cold. We held hands again and went under one more time before scrambling out and standing in the sun to warm up. 

When we were warm, we went in the banana hut and I practiced playing my harmonica. The dogs got all excited when they heard the harmonica and all came running in to sing along while I played. That was great fun and we laughed and laughed. After the dogs calmed down, we listened to a Bobbsey Twins audiobook, while Angel made pot holders with her little weaving kit and I wrote more of my blog. 

When it started to get dark I put the ducks, chickens and geese away and jumped on the trampoline with Angel. We went back in the banana hut and when Christopher joined us, I read aloud 2 chapters from Stormy, Misty’s Foal. Christopher went into the house and I read The National Park Mystery Series book 3 to Angel and we finished it. Those are great books. I have book number 4 and book number 5 is being written. The author has a website where he shows his progress on the next book, which is pretty neat and can be found here I will have to read book 4 slowly so we don’t have to wait too long for book 5 😁. 

Angel got in her trundle bed and made more hot pads while we listened to a Bobbsey Twins book and I wrote more of my blog. We fell asleep at around 11 pm. 

Sleep at 11 pm. 

Thank you for reading my blog, and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you.



P. S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Leave a Reply