Story Time, Newspapers, Coaching, Big Screen TV and Good Conversations

Wednesday April 3, 2024

Dear Diary, 

I woke up at 6 AM. I still felt tired but at least I had slept through the night. I got up, made my bed, got dressed, fed the animals I am pet sitting for and headed home. Christopher and Angel were already up when I got there. Angel was going with me today. She will go with me to story time at the library. When I made tea and smoothies, I made an extra smoothie to have tomorrow morning. Tonight was my last night staying over at my pet sitting job, Angel will be staying there with me and we are heading straight to riding lessons in the morning after we get up. I won’t be coming home tomorrow morning to make a smoothie. I packed up the smoothies, the rest of our food and the clothes we would need in the morning. We told Christopher goodbye and headed out. 

At the first house I cleaned, I visited with my clients for a while. Angel did her schoolwork while I cleaned. She was fussing about doing school and was pretending like she was asleep half of the time. I told her that she would have to finish any schoolwork she didn’t get done that morning in the afternoon at my afternoon clients. She stayed more focused then and got busy doing her phonics but still didn’t get it all done before I finished cleaning. 

We left and I picked up Ms. M. Then we went to the library for story time. We all enjoyed story time. After the stories were read the kids did a craft and played together. Most of the kids are younger than Angel but there is another homeschool mom that brings her 6 kids and they vary from teenager to all the way down to 3. So a couple of the kids in the middle are close to Angels age and she likes to play with them. 

When story time was over we had extra time before I had to be at the Rockdale Reporter to deliver newspapers. I filled up on gasoline and went through the car wash and we arrived at the Reporter at the same time as the delivery truck. When the papers were unloaded, I took what I needed and started out on my route. I deliver almost 700 papers every week to the businesses around town and I really enjoy it. I like to take my time doing it and talk to people along the way but today I had a house to clean after and a coaching client after that, so I rushed through the route as fast as I could. Angel and Ms. M has fun throwing a little stuffed animal back and forth while I ran the papers into the businesses. They were laughing and having a great time, I enjoying seeing them playing together. Ms. M really loves kids. 

After the paper route, I took Ms. M home and cleaned one more house. Once a month I have a house scheduled on Wednesdays after delivering papers. When I arrived, I talked to my friend that I clean for and asked if we could move them to a different day. She was fine with that and I was grateful to no longer have any houses to clean after I do my paper route on Wednesdays. Now I can take my time on my route and visit with people. Angel reluctantly finished her schoolwork while I cleaned but she got it all done and even had extra time to play. 

When I finished cleaning we headed straight to my overnight pet sitting job. We arrived at 4 PM and I had a coaching client at 4 PM. I messaged my client that I would be a few minutes late and she was fine with that. I greeted the animals and got Angel watching My Little Pony on Netflix. Then I went out in my hammock, which was my office for the next hour, and called my client at 4:15 PM. The coaching session went great and at the end we set up another session in 2 weeks. 

I was cozy and comfortable in the hammock but I got up and went in the house. Angel wanted to watch a movie with me so I picked out a kids movie to watch that looked decent. I fell asleep on the couch right after the movie started and woke up when it was halfway through. It immediately saw that it was not a good movie and I turned it off. I was done with TV for a while, it’s too easy to lose my energy to it. I like to stand firm in the energy I desire to have and my energy seems to go with the energy of whatever TV show I’m watching. I desire to live purposefully and not live passively staring mindlessly at a screen. I used to use TV to “relax” years ago when I had one. It wasn’t really relaxing though, it was losing myself in energy of the show. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that and I’m not judging others for watching TV. This is about what I want and I don’t like the way it feels to watch TV at this time in my life. I like my outside big screen TV, it’s much bigger than any size screen hanging on a wall, and I get to interact with it. Sometimes it’s the duck show, or the goat show or the Angel show or the trees blowing in the wind show. There’s all kinds of channels I can watch when I’m outside. 

Angel and I went outside to our big screen TV and sat around a fire with a friend. He lives in an RV out there where I’m pet sitting and helps take care of the outside animals. We played drums briefly, then Angel wanted to see the goats. My friend took Angel over to the goats and I stayed by the fire. I was still waking up from my nap on the couch. I played the drum and watched the fire until my friend and Angel got back. By then I was fully awake and my friend and I talked, while Angel poked sticks in the fire. We had a great conversation and got to know each other better. 

When it started getting late, I went in the house with a very hyper Angel. She was practically bouncing off the walls. We took a bath together and I set up a bed for her on the floor next to me. She fell asleep the instant she laid down. Yay! I wrote my blog for a while and fell asleep at around 10:30 PM. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you.



P. S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Leave a Reply