Getting Ready To Go To Utah Again

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Dear diary, 

I woke up at 1 AM and thought I heard Fluffy coming in the dog door. Then I remembered that Fluffy was dead. I felt a sense of peace and acceptance of her passing, the sadness was gone. I felt grateful for a wonderful year that I got to be with her. I wrote my blog until 2:30 AM and laid in bed feeling warm and content until I fell back to sleep at around 3:30 AM. I slept until 6:30 AM and woke up feeling fully rested. I prayed my thanksgivings and gratitudes:

  • I am grateful for mornings. Thank you for a new day. 
  • I am grateful for peace of mind. Thank you for serenity. 
  • I am grateful for Fluffy. Thank you for our year with her. 

I got up, made my bed and let out the chickens, geese and ducks. I went in the house and greeted Christopher. I fed the dogs and made tea and smoothies. I finished getting ready and headed to town. I had 4 houses to clean today and a coaching client that evening. Angel stayed home with Christopher since he wasn’t working today. I felt much better today than I had yesterday. I had slept well and my energy was good.   

I arrived at my first house right on time and all 4 houses went smoothly. In the middle of my 2nd house I was wanting it to be on my last house but I kept going at an even pace and eventually got through all of them. I had short conversations with my clients that were home but mostly I stayed focused on my work. I noticed a sign at one of my clients houses that said “This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it” Psalms 118. I love how I receive little messages from God throughout the day, if I pay attention. 

In the middle of the day, my coaching client messaged me and canceled our evening appointment which gave me extra time in the evening to pack for our trip to Utah tomorrow. I was grateful for the extra time even though I do really enjoy coaching and I plan on starting to advertising it soon so I can do it more. 

When I finished cleaning, I went through the car wash and thoroughly cleaned out my truck. I vacuumed it really well and cleaned the floor mats. I took everything out of the console and glove box and reorganized them. I cleaned Angels area in the backseat and straightened everything up in her seat organizer. I had my tool box, a fire extinguisher and a tire inflator on the floor of the back passenger seat. I put them all behind the back seat when I discovered there was some space behind there. The truck looked really nice inside and out when I was finished. It felt good to have it clean and organized. 

I got gas and stopped at the grocery store before heading home. I arrive home a little after 5 PM. When I went in the house, Angel was already packing. She was super excited to go to Utah and was hoping to see snow. I told her the snow was all melted but she wasn’t convinced. It didn’t take me long to pack my stuff. I was getting good at packing. I’d been traveling a lot over the past few months. Christopher had a bath started and Angel and I got in. Angel got out before me and I soaked in the water for a while, fully relaxing my body. I was starting to feel like I was in vacation mode. I only had one house to clean tomorrow morning. Then I would get Ms. M and go to story time at the library. After that, I would do part of my paper route before heading to the airport. I didn’t have time to do the whole route and get to the airport on time so Kyle  Cooke was doing the other half of it for me. Thank you Kyle! 

When I got out of the bath, Christopher had dinner ready. I ate a big salad with homemade tahini-lime dressing. Then we all went outside to get the ducks put in their coop. Christopher flushed them out of the woods and today we easily herded them into their coop. Then Christopher set up a temporary pen for them to stay in during the day while Angel and I are gone. It would be difficult for him to get them in their coop at night by himself and this way they would already be contained, plus it might help them get in the habit of putting themselves in their coop at night like the chickens and geese do. We put their swimming pools in their pen and got everything ready for them to go in it in the morning. 

I jumped on the trampoline with Angel for a while and we finished doing our last minute packing. Then we all gathered in the banana hut and I read aloud 2 chapters of Stormy, Misty’s Foal. We said our good night and Angel slept in the house with Christopher. I goofed around on my phone looking pictures of houses and ended up going to sleep later than I planned at around 10 PM. 

Thank you for reading my blog in being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you.



P.S. this blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit. 

Leave a Reply