Rough Day

February 5, 2024

I woke up at 3 a.m. I checked on the cat I’m pet sitting. I found her in her kennel, she hissed at me and tried to claw me. That told me that she was doing just fine. I laid in bed and meditated until 4:40 a.m. I got up, made my bed and got dressed. My back and left leg still felt stiff and sore and I was gimping around. What in the world did I do to myself? I went over to Christopher’s and made hot lime water and a smoothie. Before I made my smoothie, I made almond milk with the juicer. As I was washing the juicer a piece broke off of it. I’d only had this juicer one year and it is a $548 juicer. It is under warranty and I trusted that the company I bought it from would replace the part for free. I took a picture and sent them an email. Angel woke up and got ready to go with me to town and went left at 5:30 a.m.

We arrived at my first house at 6 a.m. I gimped around while I cleaned and the sore muscles loosened up somewhat, enough for me to get around. It took me longer than usual to clean but the house looked great when I finished. Angel did her schoolwork and did a good job staying focused and finished it right before we headed to my next house. 

I cleaned 2 more houses and Angel watched a horse movie, then listened to Anne of Green Gables on audio. All my houses took longer than usual and I was feeling worn out by the time I finished the last one. I still had to go take care of Ms. M for a couple of hours and it was my day to clean their house. On the way there, I stopped at tractor supply to fill up a 10 gallon propane tank for our outdoor on-demand hot water heater. A tiny young lady filled it up for me, once the tank was full it was 71 lbs. I knew it was too heavy for her to lift to put in the back of my truck but I wasn’t sure how I would do it either with my strained back. Between the two of us we managed to get it in there but I felt another twinge in my back during the process. 

At Ms. M’s I was gimping around again. Her and Angel watched kid shows on TV and I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the floors. Then I had time to sit down and fill out my time sheet. The company I am working for to take care of Ms. M sent me my first pay check on Friday. They paid me for 6 hours from 01/01/24 to 01/16/24 when I had worked 17 3/4 hours during that time period. I had been going round with them to get paid for all the hours I worked. (This is one of the many reasons why I prefer to be self employed). While I was filling out my time sheet, I received a call from the owner of the cat I’m pet sitting. He was out of the hospital and ready to get the cat. I told him my husband was there and he could get the cat from him. I called Christopher several times to tell him the cat’s owner was on his way but he didn’t answer. I sent him a text and voice message. The cat’s owner called and said he was at the gate. I told him how to get in and to call if he couldn’t find my husband who was probably outside. As soon as I hung up, Christopher called and I told him the guy was coming up the driveway. He got off the phone to meet the guy. 

When my shift was over, I headed home. It had been an 11 hour work day and I had been awake since 3 a.m. I was tired, sore and hungry. When I arrived, Christopher unloaded the propane tank and made me a salad to eat. I felt better after I ate and got into the bath that Christopher had ready. While soaking in the bath, I called the cat’s owner to see how the cat was doing. He said the cat was doing good and we chatted for a while. 

When I got out of the bath, I suddenly got a migraine headache. I went straight to bed and fell asleep around 6:30 p.m. Right before I fell asleep, I checked my email and the new piece for my juicer was being replaced and sent to me for free. Yay!

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply