Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

December 24, 2023

I woke up at 12:30 a.m. I wrote my blog and finished reading Sweet September. I went back to sleep around 2:30 a.m. and slept until 5:30 a.m. I goofed around on my phone for a couple of hours. I realized that I had lost focus scrolling on my phone. I switched channels and practiced the song I am singing at church today. It was pouring rain outside. I waited for a break in the rain before I went in the house and made tea. I greeted Christopher and Angel. I made a mango and fresh pineapple juice smoothie. Then I juiced pineapples and made almond milk. I washed the juicer and wiped down the kitchen. I enjoyed the tasks and felt peaceful and content. I love the energy of Christmas. We are blessed to have an abundance of gifts under our little Christmas tree. It really is wonderful to give and to receive. A knowing of always being able to give is a softness, a gentle breeze. Giving requires receiving and receiving requires giving. One cannot exist without the other. Both are equal and delightful. 

Angel and I got ready for church and I practiced my song some more. When it was time to leave, we wore our rain boots out to the pickup and carried our church shoes with us so they wouldn’t get wet and muddy. We arrived at church early and switched from our boots to church shoes outside the door. I greeted people and got settled in before the service started. When it was time for me to sing I made a few mistakes but it went way better than my last performance after the Christmas parade. The sermon was on Christmas prophecies and informative. The pastor used the word fruitfulness a lot in alignment with abundance. A highlight I remember was “Jesus is fully man and fully God at the same time”. 

After church, I wrapped last minute gifts and did chores. Angel went to her sisters for Christmas Eve. Christopher and I stayed home, we sat together outside in the sun, soaking in the warm air. It would be our last 70 degree day for a while. I started to get a headache and feel really tired. I took a bath and went to bed really early around 5:30 p.m. I fell instantly asleep. I woke up at 9:30 p.m. I used the restroom and checked to make sure Angel had made it home. She was sleeping soundly. I still had a headache and went back to sleep. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



December 25, 2023

I woke up at 12 p.m. The headache was gone and I felt good but was still tired. I went back to sleep and woke up again at 5 a.m. I wrote my blog and prayed my thanksgivings. 

  • Thank you for Christmas. Christmas is such a joyful celebration. 
  • Thank you for love. Love is so wonderful. 
  • Thank you for sleep. I am grateful to feel rested. 
  • Thank you for my family. I am grateful to have a clan. 

I jumped 100 rebounder jumps and went into the house. Christopher was awake but still in bed and Angel was still sleeping. I cuddled up with Christopher and dozed off for a while. At 6:30 a.m. I got dressed and left to do a farm sitting job up the road. It was a cold beautiful morning. I fed the dog, chickens, goats, cats and horses. I watched the sun rise while waiting for the horses to finish eating. Merry Christmas to me! I felt peaceful and content with my amazing life. 

We opened presents when I arrived home. It was fun watching Angel and Christopher open their gifts. I really liked my gifts and the dogs and cats got gifts too. We all had breakfast. I had a yummy mango, raspberry and fresh pineapple juice smoothie. It was delicious. 

Angel played with her new toys and I played fetch with Little Bit until it was time to get ready to go to my mother-in-love’s house for dinner and more gifts. We loaded up the presents in the back on my side-by-side and drove on trails across the property to her house. We were the first to arrive and we sat in the front room conversing until more people arrived. We all hung out in the kitchen talking waiting for dinner to be ready. We had a nice dinner and after cleaning up we opened gifts. When the gift opening frenzy was over, we took turns getting on an inversion table. I want one of those! Then we played games. One game was picking up bows with a spatula blindfolded and putting them in a basket and was a mind reading game. The games were great fun and when they were over, we cleaned up some more and headed home. 

At home, we did chores and I left to do farm sitting. When I got there one of the dogs wasn’t there. They are free range farm dogs and I’ve watched them many times. They’ve always been there hanging around the farm. I called for her and did the rest of the farm chores. When she didn’t come when it was time to leave, I called the owner. I wasn’t about to lose another dog. The owner said that the dog does this sometimes and would come home on her own. I felt relieved and trusted she would be there in the morning. 

When I arrived back home, I took a quick bath and got ready for bed. We gathered as a family in the banana hut and I read 3 chapters of Hank the Cowdog book 5 and finished it. We all said our good nights and I went to sleep right away at around 8:30 p.m.

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply