Thank You, Work and Wise Men

November 29, 2023

I woke up at 11 p.m. after falling asleep early at 7:30 p.m. I wrote my blog until around 1 a.m. and fell back asleep. At 5 a.m. I woke up again. I prayed my thanksgivings and gratitudes. 

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this morning. I am grateful to experience it. 

Thank you for life. I am grateful for each breath. 

Thank you for the connections I will make today. I am grateful for community. 

Thank you for guidance. I am grateful to rest in faith. 

Thank you for kindness. I am grateful for how wonderful it feels to give and receive kindness. 

Thank you for healthy food. I am grateful for my health. 

Thank you for people. I am grateful to be one of them. 

Thank you for understanding. I am grateful to hear and be heard. 

Thank you for earth. I am grateful for its abundance of beauty. 

Thank you for home. I am grateful for family. 

Thank you for clarity. I am grateful for a clear path. 


I got up and went into the kitchen. I made my tea and greeted Christopher. I had gotten up early so I could make juice. Today’s juice was pineapple, grape, apple and turmeric juice. I made a gallon to last us a few days. Then I made 64 oz. of almond milk from almonds that I soaked in water for a day. I kept the almond pulp to make into cookies. I made a yummy smoothie with bananas, frozen raspberries, fresh made juice and almond milk. I packed it up to have for lunch and headed to work. 

My first and second cleaning jobs went good. I talked with my clients and enjoyed the routine of cleaning. I enjoyed free time before delivering the newspaper for the Rockdale Reporter. I stopped to get a tea from Moon Brew and said hi to my friends. Then, I walked to the Bookstore to pick up a book I had ordered for Angel for Christmas. The book is beautiful and she will love the story. It’s called Stormy, Misty’s Foal by Marguerite Henry. 

Delivering the paper was a lot of fun. I didn’t have a cleaning job afterward, so I went at a slower pace and spent more time conversing with people. When I finished, I headed home. It was nice to be home early. Christopher and I conversed for a while. Angel told me what she learned during school time. We all went for a walk in the woods as a family with the dogs. Angel and I climbed along the edge of the gulley like monkeys, while Christopher watched and took pictures. It was a lot of fun.

After our walk, we all hung out in the house and talked about upcoming Christmas events. Then, Angel and I left to go to town. I was taking her to Gattis pizza to surprise her with their new game room. She had been trying all afternoon to guess what her surprise was but hadn’t guessed right. We took the back roads to town. It was a peaceful, relaxing drive and we listened to uplifting music. After a quick stop at the store, we went to Gattis. Angel was definitely surprised when we walked in the door. We had the salad bar and then went to play in the game room. We played skeet ball and threw hoops and we won a ball from one of the claw machines. We hung out playing until it was time to go to Bible study. 

Bible study at the Cowboy Church was great as always. A friend came who hadn’t been there before and we sat together. The study was about living like wise men and I got a lot out of it.

When we arrived home from Bible study I was tired. I took a bath that Christopher had gotten ready for me, said good night to Angel and Christopher, jumped 100 rebounder jumps and went to bed. I fell asleep around 9 p.m. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply