Great Friends, Errands, Geese, Coaching, Master Naturalist and Ducks

Thursday March 14, 2024

Dear Diary,

I woke up at 11 PM and wrote my blog. I went back to sleep at 3:30 AM and slept in until 7 AM. I woke Angel up and we made our beds. Angel went in the house before me while I let out the chickens and ducks. I fed the dogs and made tea and smoothies. We finished getting ready to go and headed out to Horse Camp at 8 AM. I dropped Angel off at camp and drove to town.

I met up with my friends Lynne and Rob at Moon Brew coffee. I ordered a peppermint tea and we chatted for an hour or so. My friend Taylor came in and joined us and we all had a good time conversing and thoroughly enjoyed each others company. I am so grateful to have so many amazing people in my life. When Lynne and Rob left, Taylor and I planned out the date and time for our leadership class group project. Taylor is in leadership class with me as well as the co-owner of Moon Brew, Maggie, who was working that day. We asked for Maggies input on the date and time, then sent out a group message asking for everyone else’s input. Our project is doing a trash pick up day and calling it “Keep Rockdale Beautiful”. Our set date is April 13th at 10 AM. 

When I left Moon Brew, I went to the homeschool co-op even though I didn’t have any kids with me. Angel was at camp and my grandson Finn wasn’t feeling well. I went because I knew there would be new moms there and I wanted to meet them. I’m was glad I went because there were 3 new moms and I enjoyed meeting them plus I got to see my friends that go regularly. I won’t be at the co-op for the next two weeks because I will be in Utah next Thursday. The week after that, I will arrive home from Utah on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning I will be going to Garner State Park to play on the Frio River for 3 days. 

When I left the co-op I ran some errands. I tracked down Kyle Cooke coming out of Moon Brew, to let him know that I would only be able to do part of my paper route route next Wednesday unless I could be finished by 12:30 PM. I needed to be at the airport by 2 PM in order to fly out at 4:16 PM. It’s an hour and a half drive if traffic is good. He said they would help me out if I couldn’t get it finished in time. Thank you Kyle! I felt blessed to work for such wonderful and understanding people. Next, I got the propane tank filled for our propane powered on-demand hot water heater that we use for our outside bathtub. Then, I went to the store and got birthday party supplies for Angel party on Saturday. Then I drove to Cameron, to pick up a couple of geese a homeschool mom was giving to me. I secured them in the back of the pickup with the cover on and headed home. 

No one was home when I arrived, Christopher had gone to pick up Angel from horse camp. I let the geese out and watched them for a while to see how they would do. They walked around honking and looking at things. I decided they would be fine and unloaded the truck and put things away. Christopher and Angel came home and Angel was excited about the geese. She watched them, while I made a salad to take to a Master Naturalists meeting later and took a shower. 

After my shower I had a coaching client I talked to on the phone for an hour. At first I sat outside in the sun to talk to her but the geese were honking really loud next to me, so I moved into the banana hut. During our session I received a call from my friend Margie. I had my phone silenced but I saw the call come through and knew that she wanted to know if I was going to pick her up so she could go to the Master Naturalist meeting with me. I had forgotten about picking her up and was grateful for the reminder. The coaching session went great as always and when I got off the phone I called Margie back and told her I would be there in about a half hour. I jumped on the trampoline with Angel for 5 minutes since I promised her I would jump with her after I got off the phone. Then I rushed around getting everything ready to go, I was way behind schedule and I knew we were going to arrive a few minutes late and I wasn’t happy about that. I headed out to pick up Margie when I realized it was just a Master Naturalist meeting and it was OK to be late. I took a deep breath, relaxed my shoulders and enjoyed the rest of the drive. It was great to see Margie and we had a fun talk on the drive to Cameron. 

We arrived 5 minutes late and headed inside. Everyone had just started going through the potluck line to start eating. I quickly set out my salad and got in line. I introduced Margie to people as I greeted them as we got our food. I ate my salad and some other fresh vegetables that other people had brought. 

The meeting got started and a fellow Master Naturalist, Eric Neubauer gave a fascinating presentation on a new species of the Hogna incognita wolf spider that he discovered. (We found out the next day his discovery became officially genetically verified.) During the break, I ate part of a homemade macadamia nut cookie. Immediately I regretted it. I became extremely tired and got a tummy ache. The rest of the Master Naturalist meeting dragged on and I just wanted to go home and go to bed. I felt yucky. Finally the meeting ended and I drove Margie home. We had a great conversation on the drive to her house which helped keep me awake. I dropped her off and headed home. 

I arrived home close to 9 PM. Christopher and Angel were still awake. I asked if they got the ducks put away. Christopher said they hadn’t and the ducks were out at the pond. I said I was going to go get them. I knew they wouldn’t last through the night if I didn’t. Christopher and Angel went with me, along with the dogs and the cat. The ducks wouldn’t come out of the middle of the pond. Angel lifted up her nightgown and waded in. I caught one and walked up to its coop and put it away. When I came back, I stripped off my clothes and waded in the pond with Angel. After much splashing around in the dark while Christopher shined the flashlight, we caught the other 4 and put them away. I thought the whole thing was hilarious and great fun. 

I showers off and we all gathered in the banana. I read 1 chapter of A Wrinkle in Time. Then we said our good nights. Christopher went in the house and Angel slept on the trundle bed next to me. We fell asleep around 10 PM listening to a Bobbsey Twins audiobook. 

Thank you for reading my blog, and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you.



P. S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Leave a Reply