Numb Hands, Getting Ready For More Adventures and Spending Time with Angel.

Sunday March 10, 2024

Dear Diary, 

I woke up from 12:30 AM until 4 AM. My hands have been going numb at night while I sleep, and I’ve been attempting to figure out why. I started taking B12 a while ago and it seemed to be helping. I hadn’t taken my B12 yesterday morning and I woke up with my hands completely numb and it took a while to get circulation back in them. I thought I would research possible causes. So I went down to rabbit hole reading about carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis and anything else that could be causing this to happen. My conclusion was that I would pray and asked to be shown the cause and solution. That’s a much easier way to go about things. I could go get blood work done but I’m going to continue taking B12 and wait for God’s guidance. 

I decided to talk text my blog to give my hands a break. I actually enjoyed talk texting it out rather than writing it because I could hear how it sounded. I finished my blog and posted it. Then I fell back asleep around 4 AM and woke up again at 8 AM. I couldn’t believe I had slept that late then I remembered it was the time change and so I hadn’t actually slept that late. It was technically 7 AM. I laid in bed and prayed and meditated on my thanksgivings and gratitudes for an hour: 

  • I am grateful for lazy mornings. Thank you for time to rest.
  • I am grateful for music. Thank you for the gift of beautiful sounds. 
  • I am grateful for flowers. Thank you for their bright and vibrant colors.
  • I am grateful for family. Thank you for loving and connection.

At 9 AM I decided to officially get up and get ready for church. I made my bed, let out the chickens who were impatiently waiting to get out and went into the house. I greeted Christopher and got Angel up out of bed. Angel ate breakfast while I fed the dogs, made lime tea and a smoothie. At 9:45 AM we headed to church. I love that our church is 3 miles down the highway. It’s a great little church called Friendship Baptist Church. It was great to see everybody and there were a lot of kids there today for Angel to play with. I enjoyed the sermon and talking with people after the service.

When we arrived back home, I made homemade almond milk and a gallon of fresh pineapple/apple juice. Then I looked at flights to Boise, Idaho. At the end of April my sister Trisha is getting ankle replacement surgery and I am going to go help her for two weeks while she recovers. I didn’t like any of the flight choices available and got to thinking I would drive there. I have a little Toyota scion that I didn’t trade in when I bought my Ford Maverick. I kept it in case we needed an extra car or in case someone else needed an extra car to use. If I drove the Toyota to Idaho, I could either leave it at a friend or family’s house in Boise or at one of my son’s places in Salt Lake City. Then, whenever I flew there, I would have my own car to drive. Salt Lake City would actually be better because it’s easier to find direct flights there and the flights typically cost less than flights to Boise. 

The Toyota had been sitting for a while and I thought I would start it up and see how it was running. It had ran great when I parked it. I went to start it and it wouldn’t start. There was no charge from the battery. Christopher put the battery charger on it. The battery charger wouldn’t charge it so I drove to town and got a new battery. Once the new battery was installed, the car started right up and sounded great. Before I had parked the car, I’d had it checked out at a shop and they made a list of everything the car needed. I’d had that done just in case I wanted to sell it so I could give that list to whoever bought it so they would know what the car needed done. I looked over the list and nothing major needed done other than getting new brake pads put on, but even that wasn’t a “right away” thing. They still had some life left on them.

While I was messing with the car Angel kept asking me to jump on the trampoline with her and read her a story. I wanted to finish up looking at the car and then work on getting my pop-up camper ready for my 3 day trip to the Frio river March 28-30. I told her that I would do those things with her later in the day after I got done with the car and the camper. 

I moved the Toyota to a different spot and Christopher backed the pop-up camper into the spot where the Toyota had been. We got the camper set up and looked it over. It had a leak which I was disappointed about. The guy I had bought it from assured me that it didn’t have any leaks. I would just have to buy sealant and fix the leak. I ordered all the parts it needed and a cover to put over it when it was folded up and parked. The parts and the cover should all arrive well before my trip to the Frio river. Angel kept at me about jumping on the trampoline and reading her a story. I felt myself getting frustrated with her and reminded her that I would do those things with her later and that right now I was in the middle of a project. I centered myself and took a deep breath. Then I invited her to play in the camper while we worked on it. She liked that idea and had a great time playing. Christopher and I opened all the windows to air it out and let it dry out where it had leaked. I burned some incense and sprayed it down with peppermint oil to clear out the musty smell, then I told Angel I was ready to jump on the trampoline with her. 

We jumped on the trampoline for a while. Then we took a bath together and I read her a chapter of A Wrinkle in Time while we bathed. We got out and ate dinner. I had a big salad and we all shared what we were grateful for. When we were done eating, I called my son Scott to see if I could park the Toyota at his place if I drove it there. He wasn’t sure there was room but said it might be possible. I got off the phone and we all gathered in the banana hut. I read another chapter of A Wrinkle in Time and one chapter of Hank the Cowdog. Then we said our good nights and went to bed. Angel slept on the trundle bed next to me and we fell asleep at around 8:30PM listening to a Bobbsey Twins audiobook. 

Thank you for reading my blog, and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you.



P.S. This blog post was inspired by the Holy Spirit. 

Leave a Reply