Riding Lessons, Homeschool Co-op and Master Naturalist

February 8, 2024

I woke up at 3 a.m. I meditated until 4:30 a.m. and fell back asleep listening to Silence by Thich Nhat Hahn. I woke again at 5:30 a.m. I woke up Finn and Angel, they were slow to wake up but I finally got them up and going. We all made our beds and went next door. Christopher had already been up, he had breakfast made and the kids lunches packed. I made hot lime tea and a smoothie. I was excited about using the fresh made grape juice I made last night in my smoothie. My smoothie was simple today. Bananas (7), a little bit of homemade almond milk and grape juice. I also drank a 16 oz. glass of grape juice and so did Finn. He drank his juice down almost instantly. I told him he could have more if he wanted but he said that was all he wanted. 

At 6:30 a.m. I headed out with the kids. First we stopped at a pet sitting job. I spent a while playing the dogs and making sure they had plenty of food and water. Then we went to horse riding lessons. Finn watched while Angel and I did our lessons and he even got a complimentary ride. I had a great lesson and loped for the first time which was so much fun. I was nervous about bringing Bubba the horse up to a lope. I had been practicing posting during a trot and once Bubba went from a trot to a lope, I easily felt the rhythm and felt like I was gliding on water. It was an incredible feeling and I laughed delightedly. 

After the lessons, I dropped off grapes at a couple of friends houses. Then, picked up Ms. M and we went to homeschool co-op. We had a new mom there and I enjoyed talking with her and getting to know her. Our co-op is getting big! We had 23 kids today but we were missing quite a few families. If everyone came we would have 44 kids total. I gave away all the grapes I had brought with me and was glad they had all found a home. I still had 10 packs in my fridge and my friend Sarah messaged me that she was coming over to stay the night and wanted some grapes to juice. Between her and a couple more people that asked for grapes, they were going to all be used up. Yay! This week at co-op, we celebrated Valentine’s Day early since we are going on a field trip next week to KBXT, a news station in College Station. The co-op was a lot of fun, my favorite part was reading a story to the little kids. I love reading books out loud which y’all probably can tell since I read to my family almost every evening at bed time. 

After the co-op, I took Ms. M to get her hair done. The kids played and I wrote some of my blog while we waited for her to get done. Her hair looked so nice when it was finished. I took her to her house and drove home. The kids played outside the rest of the afternoon. I did chores around the house and watched the ducks and chickens with Christopher. While we were sitting there, one of the chickens decided to roost on my foot. I thought that was great fun.

Late in the afternoon, I got ready to go to a Master Naturalist meeting. I made a big salad to take along with some grapes. Then I took a quick bath and headed out. 

The meeting was fantastic, we had a guest speaker give a talk about reptiles in Milam County and surrounding areas. When his talk was over, someone asked him if he knew of a snake expert that could give a presentation. He said he did and the guy actually lived in Rockdale. I was surprised I hadn’t heard of this snake guy before because I talk to so many people. I looked him up on Facebook and immediately found him. I sent him a message on messenger and later that night he messaged me back saying he would give me a call within the next couple of days. Yay! I love making connections like this and I’m sure I can convince him to do a snake presentation for our master naturalist chapter. I might even get him to join. 

I arrived home from my meeting right after Sarah had gotten to my place. It was great to see her. I set up the trundle bed for her and we got settled in for the night. Finn had stayed another night with us, him and Angel slept in the house with Christopher. Sarah and I talked until almost midnight, which is crazy late for me. We fell asleep listening to Silence by Thich Nhat Hahn. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply