Cleaning and Round Rock

December 11, 2023

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. I went to the bathroom and wrote my blog until 5 a.m. I did a full body relaxation session and listened to I Am That I am by Joseph Murphy until 5:30 a.m. Then I prayed my thanksgivings and gratitudes before getting up and starting my day. 

  • Thank you for mornings. I am grateful for a new day. 
  • Thank you for my body. I am grateful to have a healthy body. 
  • Thank you for Christopher. I am grateful to share my life with him. 
  • Thank you for clarity. I am grateful to be shown the way. 
  • Thank you for my children. I am grateful for the joy of children. 

I woke Angel up by letting Little Bit lick her and jump all around, he is full of energy in the mornings. We laughed watching him jumping and running all over the place. I carried Angel into the house, greeted Christopher and made my tea and a smoothie. Angel ate her breakfast and we got ready to go to town. We listened to Prince Caspian on the drive and arrived at my first clients house right on time. Angel did her schoolwork on phonics while I cleaned. She did a great job of staying focused and got it all finished before we headed to my next cleaning job. 

At my next house, Angel listened to Prince Caspian and played with her toys while I cleaned. I enjoyed cleaning and creating beauty. I felt grateful to have such wonderful clients and a strong healthy body. I focused on my breathing as I moved about the house and counted my blessings. Angel had a lot of fun at the next house I cleaned. My client took her outside to see their brand new baby goat that was born that morning. Angel loved that and followed my client around while he did the farm chores. Inside, I had some fun conversations with his wife while I got their house sparkling clean. At my last house for the day, Angel listened to her audiobook and played with her toys. I cleaned and chatted with my clients. 

When I finished cleaning I drove to Round Rock so that I could turn in paperwork at a home health care business. They were hiring me on so that I can be a caretaker for a lady I know that has developed dementia. The family asked me a few weeks ago if I would be willing to take care of their wife/mother a few hours a week and I felt an immediate yes. That family has been very good to me and I was honored to be asked. I’m not sure how I’m going to fit it into my schedule but I know it’s what I’m supposed to be doing and God will work out the details. 

When we arrived in Round Rock, I took Angel to her adopted grandparents Peggy and George. They were expecting us and were excited to get to spend some time with Angel. Angel hadn’t been to see them in a while. She started pulling out her toys that they have for her and set them up so that her and Peggy could play together. I told them I would be back in an hour or so and headed to the home health care center. On the way I stopped at a UPS store and sent off an Amazon return. While I was there waiting in line to use a new self serve return kiosk, the man in front of me saw my confused look and explained how it worked. I was very grateful for his kindness and told him how thankful I was. When it was my turn in line I was able to be fast and efficient due to his thorough explanation. I felt blessed. 

Everything went smoothly at the home health care center. The owner was friendly and we had some fun conversations. I took a test on caretaking skills and got 100%. She said I might need to come to Round Rock every few months to do training classes but otherwise they would send my check in the mail and do everything else through phone or email. I appreciated how accommodating they were and that I wouldn’t be driving an hour to Round Rock that often. 

When I arrived at Peggy and George’s to get Angel. She had taken her play kitchen apart to fix it and was putting in screws to put it back together. I watched her concentrating on her project and could see that she definitely has a mechanical mind where she can figure out how to take things apart and put them back together. She got the play kitchen back together. We said goodbye to Peggy and George and headed home. 

We listened to Prince Caspian on the drive and I was glad to get out of the city traffic. When we arrived in Rockdale I stopped at my friend Rachele’s to pick up some produce she had gotten for me earlier in the day. A mutual friend gets almost expired produce from a company for free and we get the extras from her. I didn’t have time to get it myself because I was going to Round Rock so I asked Rachele if she would get some for me when she went. She had gotten strawberries, bananas, mangos, pineapples and some vegetables. I loaded it up in the pickup and thanked Rachele for getting it for me. Then I drove home. 

We arrived home around 7:45 p.m. Christopher unloaded the produce and put it away while I washed up some dishes. Angel and I took a quick shower and went straight to bed. We listened to Prince Caspian and fell asleep around 8:30 p.m. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply