Parades and Performance Fail

December 9, 2023

I woke up at 1:30 a.m. Angel woke up too and we chatted for a while. Then I turned on The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe on audio and we went back to sleep around 2:30 a.m. I awoke again at 6:30 a.m. and wrote my blog. Angel woke up a while later and made her bed before going in the kitchen to eat her breakfast. I wrote my blog until 8:00 a.m., then went in the house. I thought we had to leave to see the Milano parade at 9:00 a.m. but Christopher informed it that the parade wasn’t until 10:30 a.m. I was grateful to be able to get ready at a slower pace. I started laundry and straightened up in the banana hut. Angel and our grandson played a game called Hi Ho Cherry O until it was time to go. 

It’s was a beautiful sunny day in the 70’s. We arrived at the parade early and shopped at the few vendors that were there. Angel had $20 of Christmas money from her Grandma that she wanted to spend. She bought a crochet stuffed animal for her and bought one for our grandson. I enjoyed seeing her share. The parade was really fun. It was short and simple since it was in a tiny little town with less than 400 people. I loved it. Christopher and I talked about entering the parade next year in his VW bug if he gets it fixed up. I love that idea! 

We drove the backroads home after the parade was over and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Christopher hadn’t been that way in a while and he shared with me some of the history of places that we passed by. 

Back at home, my daughter-in-love came over to pick up her son/our grandson. We sat outside and conversed, basking in the warm air. It was our last 70 degree day for a while. The kids showed us their tricks on the swing while we talked. It was a lovely family moment in time. After our company left to go home, Christopher and I prepared for the cold front that would be coming in any minute by putting our warm weather plants in the greenhouses. 

Angel and I got ready to go to Rockdale. We took the back roads and listened to The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe on the drive. I dropped Angel off at the Cowboy Church to practice for a Christmas program. I went to the bookstore and bought a book that I had ordered. (I am waiting for one more book to arrive before I can send out the Christmas boxed I am putting together for my kids and grandkids in Utah. I want to get the box sent soon in order for it to arrive by Christmas.) I walked around downtown greeting people who were getting ready for the evening festivities. Then I got propane at Tractor Supply before picking up Angel. I arrived 5 minutes late to pick up Angel. I hurried in and thankfully they were still practicing. Angel looked so cute in her angel costume. An Angel being an angel. 

When practice was over, we went back downtown. The cold front was moving in, a chilly north wind was blowing. The vendors were running around securing their tents. We did some Christmas shopping and even though I was mostly done shopping, I found some more really neat stuff I brought as gifts. 

We finished shopping and hung out by the stage where I would be singing after the parade, along with other talented people. When the parade was about to start we walked to the main road with a friend. There was a lot of people there to watch the parade. Some of the floats that had been in the Milano parade were there. Since this parade was at night, they were all lit up. I didn’t get pictures of this parade though. I was busy watching. 

After the parade was over we went back to the stage area. I visited with friends and enjoyed the performers. Then it was my turn to sing. My performance ended up being the worst I’ve ever had. The key the songs were played in was too low for my voice and I couldn’t hear myself to know if I was in tune. I flowed with it and had fun regardless. Angel joined me on my last song Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and she was the cutest thing. 

We arrived home a little after 8 p.m. Christopher was in bed already, he had been waking up at 2 a.m. and was tired. Angel and I took a quick shower and went to bed in the banana hut. Angel fell asleep right away. I watched a video that randomly showed up in my YouTube feed called The Miracles Healing Power of Food by Anthony Lim. I really like the video, it gave me some new insights. I felt happy and cozy snuggled up with Little Bit and fell asleep around 10 p.m. 

Thank you for reading my blog and being a part of my life. I dearly appreciate you. 



Leave a Reply